“Inspite of reports about playing with various groups, I’m enjoying retirement with my folks and have made no plans to play professional football,” Favre announced in a press release Tuesday night. Basketball odds
One day after the press said that Favre would listen to the injury-riddled Chicago Bears if Chicago came with an offer, a high-ranking Bears source told ESPN’s Ed Werder on Tuesday the team has no interest in signing the 42-year-old quarterback.
The Chicago Bears lost quarterback Jay Cutler to a broken hand and Caleb Hanie has fought to run Chicago’s offense in Cutler’s absence. Basketball spreads
Favre denied there were any talks with teams about ending retirement.
“I haven’t made contact with nor have been approached by any groups and all reports are inaccurate,” Favre said.
Favre finished his 20th year with the Vikings last year and had arguably his worst season as a pro, going 5-8 as a starter with Eleven touchdown passes and 19 interceptions.
“That’s our group,” Smith said of the 3 quarterbacks on the Bears ‘ roster.
On Monday, Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith dismissed the idea on Monday of adding a new quarterback. “We’re making enhancements with our group. We’re not looking on the outside. We won’t have a quarterback audition or anything like that.”
The Bears remain optimistic Cutler will return before the end of the regular season after undergoing surgery on his fractured right thumb, but Cutler said Thursday that he’ll be clever about his return and may miss the remainder of the season.
Supposition in respect of a likely quarterback search comes in the result of Chicago’s 10-3 loss Sunday to the Chiefs. In addition to completing less than Fifty percent of his passes for a passer rating of 23.8, Hanie threw three interceptions and has thrown 6 picks in his last two outings, coming off the club’s five-game winning run with Cutler behind center.