- Jimmy Nelson (SP) Nelson is on the 45-day injured list due to lower-back surgery, and he is expected to miss the entire 2020 season. 07/23 · Out · Back
- Cody Bellinger (RF) Bellinger is dealing with a shoulder injury, and it has yet to be established if he will be available for Game 1 of the World Series versus the Rays. 10/19 · Questionable · Shoulder
- Caleb Ferguson (RP) Ferguson is expected to miss the remainder of the season due to Tommy John surgery to fix the UCL in his left elbow. 09/29 · Out · Elbow
- Yonny Chirinos (SP) Chirinos has been transferred to the 45-day injured list and has been shut down for the remainder of the 2020 season due to Tommy John surgery for a right elbow strain. 08/22 · Out · Elbow
MLB Injury Information
With an abbreviated season in 2020, MLB betting should get interesting this year with only 60 games in a short amount of time, doing your research about who will be in the daily lineup has never been more important. The pains and strains of a typical season will be magnified with an increased frequency of games and getting started after a shortened preseason.
Both short term and long term injuries are listed with an estimated timeframe for return which can have a huge impact on both day to day bets and futures. This page will give you the most up to date news on who is sitting out due to injury, illness, rest days and available pitchers and position players to help you make informed decisions in real time.
In addition to the injury report, we have you covered with up to date, constantly updating resources to help you become a smarter MLB handicapper. Below are the top resources to help you be a more informed bettor.
- Odds comparison tool: being able to price shop odds on various online books is one of the biggest benefits of betting in a legal and regulated environment. The odds comparison tool shows you the best odds for all the most popular bets with links to the sportsbook with best lines.
- MLB Betting matchups: detailed summary of each daily matchup including stats summarizing starting pitcher, ATS records, overall records, scoring and defensive stats.
- MLB team summaries: a full list of every team’s overall record, scoring numbers and defensive numbers in a fully sortable table.