- John Wall (PG) Wall will not play in games as the Rockets seek a potential trade partner. 09/14 · Out · Not With Team
- Michael Carter-Williams (PG) Carter-Williams is expected to miss the start of the season after undergoing surgery on his ankle. 08/24 · Out · Ankle
- Patrick Beverley (PG) Beverley will miss the first game of the 2021-2022 season due to suspension. 07/04 · Out · Suspension
- T.J. Warren (SF) Warren has been ruled out indefinitely with a foot injury. 09/07 · Out · Foot
- Edmond Sumner (PG) Sumner suffered a torn achilles, and there is currently no timetable for his return. 09/09 · Out · Achilles
- Onyeka Okongwu (C) Okongwu underwent shoulder surgery and is expected to miss approximately 6 months. 07/22 · Out · Shoulder
NBA Injury Report
With legal and regulated sports betting continuing to expand across the US, the NBA is second only in popularity to the NFL among US bettors. Even the most casual bettor could benefit from some basic research when betting the NBA and the injury report should be your first stop.
The NBA injury report lists both long and short term injuries which can affect both single-game bets and futures wagers more than any other sport. Teams must report their active 12 man roster everyday by 5pm local time unless a team is on the second day of a back-to-back, where they must report injuries, sickness or active rest of individual players by 1pm local time.
When betting the NBA, you need to factor in what the impact of an individual player has on that night’s particular matchup. For instance, if the Sixers are playing the Timberwolves and Karl-Anthony Towns is sitting out with knee soreness, you could expect Joel Embiid to have a big game as most backup centers can’t contain Embiid.
The injury report is just one of many resources we have to help you become a smarter NBA handicapper. Below is our list of resources to help you get ahead of the books and become a more educated NBA bettor.
- Odds comparison tool: one of the biggest benefits of legal and regulated online sports betting is being able to price shop to find the best odds on any bet. We have done the hard work for you and found the best lines for any NBA bet.
- Betting odds guide: walks you through all the most popular bets you can place when betting the NBA
- NBA betting matchups: detailed side by side matchup comparison of all the most popular betting options including records against the spread, Over/Under records and more.
- NBA teams summary: a full list of every team’s records, ATS records, scoring, and totals numbers that is easily sortable across all stats.