Staff Best Bets: Free MLB Expert Picks For Opening Day (3/29/23)
Our ScoresAndOdds experts offer a variety of free picks for today’s 2023 MLB Opening Day! Today’s Staff Best Bets are presented by DFS Accounting! Hit them up for all of your sports betting tax needs!
The wait is over! The MLB season is about to be underway and our guys at SAO have you covered with plenty of action for today’s afternoon action!
Let’s cut to the chase and check out some free analysis.
- Looking for some NBA action instead? Check out Parlay IQ for NBA now!
Free Opening Day MLB Expert Picks
New York Yankees Moneyline
- Current Odds: -165 on BetMGM
Gerrit Cole has looked pretty good during spring training and gets a matchup with the Giants right out of the gate. Cole is already stretched out and should be able to go 90+ pitches with ease in this one. I don’t think this game is a high-scoring affair, but I think the Yankees have enough firepower to pull out the win on opening day. – Will Priester (chiefjustICE06)
Patrick Corbin Under 4.5 Strikeouts
- Current Odds: -142 on FanDuel
This thing is absolutely moving. Corbin only covered this number in 11 games last season. He hasn’t thrown any more than 36 pitches in any spring start over the past couple of weeks. Last season, he didn’t crack 80 pitches on opening day. I understand there are some K’s to be had in the ATL lineup, but Corbin’s K rates are awful and there’s always a chance ATL demolishes him. This line should be 3.5 to make me at least think about it and I bet it’s moving there soon. – Justin Carlucci (TheLuuch)
Boston vs. Baltimore Under 9 Runs
- Current Odds: -105 on Caesars
I do expect good things from the Orioles this season with their solid core of young hitters. The Red Sox will look different this season, but they still have superstar Rafael Devers on the squad. However, with the weather forecast to be in the 40s tomorrow, I think it might take a little bit for these offenses to get going. Neither of the projected pitchers are complete gas cans and shouldn’t let the game get away from them. Give me the under in this very cold game in Boston. – TastefulTides (Tim Buell)
- Any tax advice or counseling provided by DFS Accounting are not the views or recommendations of ScoresAndOdds and are those of DFS Accounting alone. Any such tax advice or counseling provided by DFS Accounting may not be endorsed, sponsored or attributed to ScoresAndOdds, any company in the BC Group, or any of their agents or representatives.